Skip to main content

1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF HORRO'S GORY REVIEWS


  
  August marks the 1 Year Anniversary of HorrO’s Gory Reviews. I can’t believe it has been one year already. At first, I thought I would just have a little fun, and write my thoughts about some movies. I really wasn’t expecting to take this so seriously. However, as time has passed, I have felt the need to build the site into what it is today.
  It started off mostly being reviews, and a few pictures. Then I added a schedule of movies coming to theaters, DVD releases, and polls. Then came things such as, the Horror Item of the Week, and Websites not to be afraid of. I created Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube accounts, and even an email address. The site currently has 7 pages not counting the home page for my reviews. It has grown to 32 followers, while I have over 260 followers on Twitter, and tons of friends on Facebook. I know that is not a lot compared to some of the other great horror sites out there, but that is more than I could have ever expected. Currently, I am really enjoying writing about my thoughts on episodes of True Blood on the Horror on TV page. I guess it helps that this season has been so good. Also, the site has gotten me to do some things that I never thought I would do. I have gone to conventions, and talked to people such as Derek Mears, and Herschell Gordon Lewis. I have received screeners, and seen movies that I never had a clue existed.
  It is a great deal of work, but I continue to have fun writing my reviews. Some are easier than others to write, which is probably why some have come out better than others. I just wish I had more time to see movies, and write more reviews. There is just not enough time in this world to do everything. I am really jealous of the people that get to spend so much time watching all of these movies, and writing about them. There are so many great websites, and blogs out there.
  Let me take a minute to thank everyone that has taken a least one-second of his or her time to check out my site. I really appreciate it, and hope that I have been able to entertain you in some way. I have met so many awesome people, and had so many great conversations. Some of those people include The Film Connoisseur (http://filmconnoisseur.blogspot.com), who has been a regular reader of the site, and has posted many great comments. Mac (@missjuly), who was also one of the first followers of the site, and has become a great friend on Twitter. Speaking of Twitter, there are just too many great people to mention here, but I have to give a few people their dues. I have to thank FearShop Mike (@fearshop), who was one of my first followers on Twitter, first to check out the site, and is always willing to share his opinion of a movie. Then there are the people who I regularly discuss movies with such as, Sarah (@Sarah_TX), Les-QuikG (@LesQuikG), Sid (@_SidVicious_), and Rick (@FreddysFingers). A special thank you goes out to my editor. I couldn’t have done all of this without you. Again, I thank everyone who has read a review, talked to me on Twitter or Facebook, voted on a poll, or even checked out one of my YouTube Videos.
  I hope to bring you more reviews, and other types of entertainment for another year. I look forward to meeting more people, and having more conversations about horror movies. As far as things to come, I am going to be doing my first book review shortly. That will be something new, and different for me. In October, the plan is to go to Halloween Horror Nights, and the Spooky Empire horror convention. I hope to share pictures, and videos with you as usual. As far as August, maybe I will come up with something special to celebrate like a contest or two, so stay tuned! Again, thank you!

  HorrO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRATH OF BECKY REVIEW

  Two years after she escaped a violent attack on her family, Becky attempts to rebuild her life in the care of an older woman - a kindred spirit named Elena. But when a group known as the “Noble Men” break into their home, attack them, and take her beloved dog, Diego, Becky must return to her old ways to protect herself and her loved ones. Starring: Lulu Wilson, Seann William Scott, and Denise Burse Directed and written by: Matt Angel and Suzanne Coote EXCLUSIVELY IN THEATERS:  May 26, 2023 Check out the video below and find out how many pools of blood it received...

TOP 10 HORROR MOVIES OF 2023

  Here’s my list of the top 10 horror movies of 2023! Some surprises probably! We can agree on some maybe! Let me know your thoughts and favorites!

THE PUPPETMAN REVIEW

  The Puppetman, a convicted killer on death row always maintained his innocence and that it was an evil force controlling his body as he slaughtered his victims. Now Michal, the killer's daughter, begins to suspect that there may be some truth to her fathers claim when those around her begin to die in brutal ways. She must try and break the curse of The Puppetman before all her loved ones are killed. Starring: Alyson Gorske, Michael Paré, and Caryn Richman Directed by: Brandon Christensen Written by: Brandon Christensen, Ryan Christensen, and Matt Manjourides Check out the video below and find out how many pools of blood it received...