Skip to main content

THE LAST EXORCISM 2 REVIEW



As Nell Sweetzer tries to build a new life after the events of the first movie, the evil force that once possessed her returns with an even more horrific plan.

Stars: Ashley Bell, Julia Garner, and Spencer Treat Clark

Directed by: Ed Gass-Donnelly

Written by: Damien Chazelle, and Ed Gass-Donnelly 

  Let me start by saying I wasn't a fan of the original. It just wasn't as scary as they made it seem, especially after giving away everything in the previews. It seemed like they saved most of the action for the end of the movie. Speaking of the ending, the sudden conclusion didn't do much for me either. However, the story and acting weren’t too bad, and it was a good attempt at a found footage movie.
  With that said, making a sequel just didn’t seem necessary. After watching the sequel, it proved me right. Nothing happens that is so important that audiences have to see it. The story is pretty simple. Nell (Ashley Bell) thinks she's getting over the events of the first movie when the demon once again returns, and tries to reunite with her.
  If you are thinking this is where I begin to rip into this movie, you might be surprised. While it's a simple story that really didn't need to be told, I didn't hate the movie. Nor would I say it's a blockbuster either. I guess you could call it just another movie.
  One thing that I liked about this one more than the original is that it at least tries to scare the audience. They try a lot of scare scenes, which may or may not work on the audience. At least they try, and the scares are better than any of the weak attempts in the original. It just isn't about how many different ways the girl can bend her body.
  Besides the scares, the movie just heads to the eventual exorcism. Again proving that this movie didn’t need to be made. The acting isn't terrible, so it's bearable getting there. The exorcism is kind of weak mostly because she has some people do it that aren't ready for the real thing. Oh, and the scariest part of the exorcism was once again shown in the previews. They will never learn!
  With the big sudden conclusion to the original, I was curious at what they would come up with this time. It’s actually a little surprising the way the movie ends. I don't want to give it away, but it certainly didn't end like most exorcism movies. If you told me it's a stupid ending, I wouldn’t argue with that either. It’s truly weird, and for the third time proves that this movie didn’t need to be made.
  Sometimes I can’t wait for sequels, but “The Last Exorcism 2” wasn’t one of them. I’m sure those who loved the original were extremely let down by this one. It really is just another movie. The story is simple, the acting isn’t too bad, there are some decent scare attempts, and everything leads to the exorcism once again. At least this time it really might be the “last” exorcism! With that said, I give this movie 2 pools of blood.

  HorrO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLORIDA SUPERCON CONVENTION 2010 REVIEW

          Florida SuperCon, a place where fans of all kinds of genres, came together for 3 days of fun. Cosplay, which was a big part of the convention, gave fans an opportunity to dress up, and take part in contests and photo shoots. Comic book and anime fans enjoyed events such as, “The History of Anime,” “Anime You Should Watch,” “DC Comic Book Legends,” and a “Fantastic Four (1994) Film Screening.” There were celebrities from a variety of TV shows, movies, and even wrestling to take pictures with, and get autographs from. And for horror fans like you, and me, there was plenty to do, as I take you through my 3 day journey of the Florida SuperCon convention.   When I walked in on the first day, I couldn’t help but notice the instant party atmosphere. Arriving later in the day, I could tell fun had already overtaken the convention. I didn’t waste too much time making my way to my first event, which was “Filmmaker Workshop with Herschell Gordon ...

AZRAEL REVIEW

  In a world where no one speaks, a devout female-led community hunts down a young woman who has escaped imprisonment. Recaptured, Azrael is due to be sacrificed to an ancient evil in the wilderness, but fights for her own survival. Starring: Vic Carmen Sonne, Samara Weaving, and Nathan Stewart-Jarrett Directed by: E.L. Katz Written by: Simon Barrett Check out the video below and find out how many pools of blood it received…

TOP 5 BEST AND WORST HORROR MOVIES OF 2010

  2010 started off well with some descent movies such as, Daybreakers, Legion, and The Wolfman. A few months in came probably the most anticipated, and talked about movie of the year: the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street. Some of the talk was positive, but more of it seemed negative. Speaking of greatly talked about movies, I can’t forget to mention the DVD release of The Human Centipede. The summer kicked off with Splice, and ended with The Last Exorcism. October should have been a time to celebrate with horror movies, but the box office was pretty weak for movies such as, My Soul to Take 3D, Let Me In, and Hatchet 2. On the other hand, it ended well with Saw 3D, and Paranormal Activity 2.   What does all of this mean? It is about that time of year to wrap up the 2010 horror movie season, and move on to 2011. With that said, here is my list of favorite, and least favorite horror movies of 2010. As with my list from last year, this list includes only the movies I saw...