Skip to main content

My Thoughts on True Blood Season 7 Episode 1



  I thought long and hard about writing about this season because I still can't believe this is the end of the road. However, it has been something I've done for several seasons now so why not go out along with them. Each year I've tried to change it up, not with much success, but definitely will for this season. So prepare for the change, here are my thoughts on episode 1, "Jesus Gonna Be Here."
  Tara: Well, we've seen her almost die before, but it looks like it's for real this time. I really enjoyed her time as a vamp with Pam, and was hoping for a little more of that. She's been such a troubled character that it might be for the better that she's gone. R.I.P.!
  Tara's mom: I've never liked her, and I'm not thrilled Tara went out trying to save her. Yes, that's her mom, but we all know their history. Tara saved the wrong person.
  Lafayette: Not a huge star in this episode, but I have to mention him because he lost Tara as well. I could definitely feel sorry for him, but he didn't seem too upset. I guess if you look at it like he did, she's in a better place.
  Jessica: Another who took Tara's death hard. She didn't have much time to think about it because Adilyn was being threatened. It's good to see Jessica do the right, and responsible thing for once. Never thought she would bite her. Andy might get a surprise in the morning!
  Adilyn: Close the window already!!!
  Andy: A much more serious Andy now! I miss the funny Andy, but I guess there is nothing to laugh about after losing several daughters, and having your girlfriend kidnapped. Glad he saved Bill, but more interesting was how he put Bill in his place.
  Bill: Well Bill, that was another bad idea. You basically served up the town to those sick vamps. I'm not sure how he is going to play hero this time. 
  Pam: She has become one of my favorites so I'm glad she's still alive and running her mouth. That's right, she won for my favorite line of the night when she said, "Your god and my god can go to a motel and have a circle jerk for all I care. I'll be in hell having a three way with the devil." You knew it had to be her, or Jason. Figures she's looking for Eric, but it doesn't look like she's close.
  Eric: MIA!!!
  Jason: Again not too much humor in this episode, so we didn't get the typical Jason. That is until he bent Violet over the hood of the cop car! Very Jason!
  Violet: Scored!!!
  Holly: Kidnapped but could be worse off.
  Arlene: Quite the screamer, and crier. Thinking she might die before the season ends.
  Sam: Mr. Mayor takes part of the blame with Bill. I will give them credit for creating a good opening scene though. Oh and seriously, you couldn't change into something faster than a dog to chase after the kidnapped people!
  Alcide: Starting off the season in more than one scene! Great job! Still eye candy, but whatever. At least he's with Sookie now! The question is will he be with her in the end?
  Sookie: Poor Sookie having to hear that from everyone. I guess they have a point, but she belongs there. She's not the one who created the sick vamps anyway! She seems ready to fight for the town, but how much fight does the town have left? Didn't think we would see her naked again, but I guess if Jason's going do it so will she!
  In the end, it was a solid start to the season. The most shocking thing happening early, with the rest of the episode setting up things to come. It looks like the sick vamps, along with the lack of clean humans to drink from, are going to make it hard for the vamps to survive. It will be interesting to see who is left standing! Welcome back, and I'll you next week!

  HorrO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRATH OF BECKY REVIEW

  Two years after she escaped a violent attack on her family, Becky attempts to rebuild her life in the care of an older woman - a kindred spirit named Elena. But when a group known as the “Noble Men” break into their home, attack them, and take her beloved dog, Diego, Becky must return to her old ways to protect herself and her loved ones. Starring: Lulu Wilson, Seann William Scott, and Denise Burse Directed and written by: Matt Angel and Suzanne Coote EXCLUSIVELY IN THEATERS:  May 26, 2023 Check out the video below and find out how many pools of blood it received...

TOP 10 HORROR MOVIES OF 2023

  Here’s my list of the top 10 horror movies of 2023! Some surprises probably! We can agree on some maybe! Let me know your thoughts and favorites!

THE PUPPETMAN REVIEW

  The Puppetman, a convicted killer on death row always maintained his innocence and that it was an evil force controlling his body as he slaughtered his victims. Now Michal, the killer's daughter, begins to suspect that there may be some truth to her fathers claim when those around her begin to die in brutal ways. She must try and break the curse of The Puppetman before all her loved ones are killed. Starring: Alyson Gorske, Michael Paré, and Caryn Richman Directed by: Brandon Christensen Written by: Brandon Christensen, Ryan Christensen, and Matt Manjourides Check out the video below and find out how many pools of blood it received...