Skip to main content

SHORT FILM SERIES: "ANNA"



  Thanks to PromoteHorror.com, I have had the privilege to promote several short films. While I hope most of you had an opportunity to see them, I’m sure some of you missed them. So I thought I would try something a little different, and give you a chance to review some movies along with me. Posted below is the first film in this short film series, "ANNA", which is followed by a short review. What I would like you to do is watch the film first, as the review will include spoilers, and then post your review in the comment section. Enjoy!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW__oMfQS64&feature=youtube_gdata_player


  As you noticed, the short film is only of the video chats. It is actually very interesting that the entire film is shot via Skype. I certainly would like to see if there are any other movie ideas out there that could be shot this way. It would be almost like an added challenge to filmmaking.
  Obviously this is a “Paranormal Activity” type film. It isn’t on a grand scale like “P.A.”, but it does just enough in a short time. One of the better moments, besides the ending, is when Laura receives a phone call, and there is no one there. Just as she is turning it off, the audience gets to see something move that she clearly doesn’t notice.
  Lisa-Marie Long (Laura) and Matthew Solomon (David) do a good job acting as the loving couple at first, even hinting at some long distance sexual activity. It is a good angle to start with before the situation quickly changes. They perform just as well when the stress builds, particularly Matthew. 
  It is good that there is just enough back-story of Anna squeezed into the film. I don’t know much about Skype, but I’m guessing the ending might have been the hardest part to shoot. It adds to the creepiness to see Anna kind of flash to the front of the computer screen. They also do a good job giving her that glowing look.
  So there are a few of my thoughts on “ANNA.” Now it is your turn. Please post your thoughts in the comment section below.

  HorrO

For more information on “ANNA” and writer/director/actor Matthew Solomon, please visit http://matthewsolomon.weebly.com/ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLORIDA SUPERCON CONVENTION 2010 REVIEW

          Florida SuperCon, a place where fans of all kinds of genres, came together for 3 days of fun. Cosplay, which was a big part of the convention, gave fans an opportunity to dress up, and take part in contests and photo shoots. Comic book and anime fans enjoyed events such as, “The History of Anime,” “Anime You Should Watch,” “DC Comic Book Legends,” and a “Fantastic Four (1994) Film Screening.” There were celebrities from a variety of TV shows, movies, and even wrestling to take pictures with, and get autographs from. And for horror fans like you, and me, there was plenty to do, as I take you through my 3 day journey of the Florida SuperCon convention.   When I walked in on the first day, I couldn’t help but notice the instant party atmosphere. Arriving later in the day, I could tell fun had already overtaken the convention. I didn’t waste too much time making my way to my first event, which was “Filmmaker Workshop with Herschell Gordon ...

TOP 5 BEST AND WORST HORROR MOVIES OF 2010

  2010 started off well with some descent movies such as, Daybreakers, Legion, and The Wolfman. A few months in came probably the most anticipated, and talked about movie of the year: the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street. Some of the talk was positive, but more of it seemed negative. Speaking of greatly talked about movies, I can’t forget to mention the DVD release of The Human Centipede. The summer kicked off with Splice, and ended with The Last Exorcism. October should have been a time to celebrate with horror movies, but the box office was pretty weak for movies such as, My Soul to Take 3D, Let Me In, and Hatchet 2. On the other hand, it ended well with Saw 3D, and Paranormal Activity 2.   What does all of this mean? It is about that time of year to wrap up the 2010 horror movie season, and move on to 2011. With that said, here is my list of favorite, and least favorite horror movies of 2010. As with my list from last year, this list includes only the movies I saw...

AZRAEL REVIEW

  In a world where no one speaks, a devout female-led community hunts down a young woman who has escaped imprisonment. Recaptured, Azrael is due to be sacrificed to an ancient evil in the wilderness, but fights for her own survival. Starring: Vic Carmen Sonne, Samara Weaving, and Nathan Stewart-Jarrett Directed by: E.L. Katz Written by: Simon Barrett Check out the video below and find out how many pools of blood it received…