Skip to main content

SHARK NIGHT 3D REVIEW



  Many people asked me why I would waste my money to see Shark Night 3D. Well, the answer is simple: I’m a sucker for shark movies. I have an extreme fear of sharks so for some reason that makes me want to watch shark movies, and of course Shark Week! I didn’t have high expectations for this movie. All I could hope for is some good shark attacks, and minimal mistakes.
  Sara (Sara Paxton), Nick (Dustin Milligan), Beth (Katherine McPhee), and a few other college kids decide to take a break from school, and head out to Sara’s family lake house. After a run in with Sara’s ex, Dennis (Chris Carmack), and then the local sheriff, Sabin (Donal Logue), they finally make it to the house. They get their swimsuits on for some fun in the sun. However, some unexpected visitors in the lake, and unfriendly locals cut the fun short.
  I went to see this movie because of the sharks so let me start there. One of the unexpected things about them is that there are several different types. There is a Bull, Great White, and Hammerhead amongst others. They even come up with some smaller ones that are almost piranha like. It is interesting because audiences are use to seeing one type of shark like a Great White in Jaws, or Makos in Deep Blue Sea.
  Of course this is a mistake. It is hard enough to believe that sharks are in that lake, nonetheless all different types. They try to explain how the movie’s villains brought them there. That it isn't very believable either. If you know anything about sharks then you know how hard it is to catch a shark like the Great White. It is even harder to transport them. I kind of wondered why they didn't release the movie around Shark Week, and now I know why. The mistakes would be even more obvious.
  As far as the kills, they are all right. One of the reasons some people past on this movie is that it is rated PG-13 instead of R. That obviously has an effect on how detailed the kills are. The small piranha like sharks are the ones that the audience gets to see in the most detail while killing. There is some blood in the water at times, but there are times when the shark strikes and that's it. The sharks jumping out of the water is cool, but it would have been nice to see more of them ripping people apart. It is also somewhat disappointing that they didn’t make better use of the 3D with the attacks. The best thing about the 3D is the bubbles.
  I could go on and on about the sharks, but there are actors in this movie too. Ok, at least they try to be actors in this movie. Yes, as expected, the acting is bad. I still don't understand the need to push young actors into dramatic situations. Being scared of the sharks is one thing, but all the drama over how to handle the situation is too much for them.
  It also doesn't help when parts of the story don't make sense. Once, if not twice, they seem to take the boat far away from the house, but somehow end up right back there. When they first got on the boat, Sara tells Nick he doesn’t know how to drive the boat yet not long after that he is driving like an expert. Also, one of the kids tries to escape on a Jet Ski, but how in the hell does he know where he is going if he has never been there before. I can go on about the mistakes, but I will call it a day right there.
  In the end, there are some descent shark kills, but way too many mistakes. However, even with all the mistakes, I still had fun watching it. Again, I'm a sucker for shark movies. I can’t say it is one of the better shark movies that I have seen. I can’t even say it is better than Piranha 3D. If they modeled the movie after Piranha 3D, this movie could have been a whole lot better. With that said, I give this movie 2 pools of blood.

  HorrO

Comments

  1. I expected it to be pure campy fun, but I ended up deeply disappointed! A few entertaining attack scenes aside, it was pretty much LAME. I gave it a 4 out of 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nebular: I expected the same. Kind of like Piranha 3D, but it didn't come close to that kind of fun. I am always surprised when they come up with stories that don't make sense. Oh well! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRATH OF BECKY REVIEW

  Two years after she escaped a violent attack on her family, Becky attempts to rebuild her life in the care of an older woman - a kindred spirit named Elena. But when a group known as the “Noble Men” break into their home, attack them, and take her beloved dog, Diego, Becky must return to her old ways to protect herself and her loved ones. Starring: Lulu Wilson, Seann William Scott, and Denise Burse Directed and written by: Matt Angel and Suzanne Coote EXCLUSIVELY IN THEATERS:  May 26, 2023 Check out the video below and find out how many pools of blood it received...

TOP 10 HORROR MOVIES OF 2023

  Here’s my list of the top 10 horror movies of 2023! Some surprises probably! We can agree on some maybe! Let me know your thoughts and favorites!

THE PUPPETMAN REVIEW

  The Puppetman, a convicted killer on death row always maintained his innocence and that it was an evil force controlling his body as he slaughtered his victims. Now Michal, the killer's daughter, begins to suspect that there may be some truth to her fathers claim when those around her begin to die in brutal ways. She must try and break the curse of The Puppetman before all her loved ones are killed. Starring: Alyson Gorske, Michael Paré, and Caryn Richman Directed by: Brandon Christensen Written by: Brandon Christensen, Ryan Christensen, and Matt Manjourides Check out the video below and find out how many pools of blood it received...