Skip to main content

HorrO's Gory Reviews 2 Year Anniversary


  August marks the 2 Year Anniversary of HorrO’s Gory Reviews. I thought year 1 went by pretty fast, but year 2 might have gone faster. It has been quite a task keeping up the site, but I have enjoyed every step of the way. It has kept me up to date on the world of horror while keeping everyone else updated. I have seen movies I might not have otherwise seen, and talked to people that I might not have otherwise talked to.
  Going back to the beginning, the site started off mostly being reviews, and a few pictures. Then I added a schedule of movies coming to theaters, DVD releases, and polls. That was back in the days when things were easy. Then I started my first page, the Horror Item of the Week. It has gone from one page to nine. The page I have had the most fun with is the Horror on TV page. It always gets me ready to view some of my favorite TV shows, and made me write about shows like True Blood and The Walking Dead.
  The pages have been a bonus, but the reviews are the centerpiece. Some are easier than others to write, which is probably why some have come out better than others. I would like to think my reviews have gotten better over time, but that is for you to decide. Besides movies, I have also had fun writing about other things like conventions. For the second time, I wrote about Florida SuperCon, and plan to bring you more of my adventures at Spooky Empire, and Halloween Horror Nights in October.
  Obviously, I wouldn’t be doing all of this if it weren’t for all my friends on Twitter, Facebook, and Blogger. I’m thankful for all the friends I have made. We have had so many great conversations about horror movies, and a whole bunch of other topics. A thank you goes out to everyone that has taken at least one-second of his or her time to check out my site. I really appreciate it, and hope that I have been able to entertain you in some way.
  I have to take a moment to thank a few specific people for their friendship, and continued support. On Twitter, some of my long time followers @fearshop, @FreddysFingers, @sunshinesarah2, @LesQuikG @_SidVicious_,  @missjuly, @classynfun1 @mrblue24, @ReelyBored, @zombiejourno, @wiccanz, and @twistedcentral. On Facebook, some of my friends Di Davidson-Amadi, Jennifer Dorris, SawManiac Ahmed, Ted Morehart, Richard Ewell, and Lola Sandoval. On Blogger, Nebular, Dr. Blood, Fritz “Doc” Freakenstein, and The Film Connoisseur. An extra special thank you goes out to my editor. I couldn’t have done all of this without you.
  To start off the next year of HorrO’s Gory Reviews, I have decided to let you in on a little secret, and have a special announcement. Some of you might already know this or figured it out, but I have never really publicly said it before. If you have seen me tweet, or facebook about The Dog Days in Zombieville, that is because it is the story I have written, and have been tweeting and blogging for a long time now. For those that have seen it, I hope you have enjoyed the journal, as there is more to come. For those that haven’t, please check it out at www.thedogdaysinzombieville.blogspot.com
  And now for the announcement. 2 years and 2 websites can only mean that I need to make it 3 for 3. So without further ado, I bring you… Click here

Thanks again,

  HorrO

Comments

  1. Happy anniversary, HorrO! :) It seems that August has inspired both of us to start blogging, which is great :) A huge thanks for the mention, and in case I haven't said that before: I'm a big, big fan of you and your blog. Keep up the great work!
    Your latest blog needs a follower gadget, I reckon. Being your first follower would be an honor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nebular: Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully we have many more August celebrations. It was my pleasure to mention you here, and you know I'm a huge fan of your blog too. The new site has a follow gadget for blogger if that is what you mean. If you mean Twitter, the gadget they have wasn't working when I wanted to add it. I will try again soon. Thanks for commenting as usual!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FLORIDA SUPERCON CONVENTION 2010 REVIEW

          Florida SuperCon, a place where fans of all kinds of genres, came together for 3 days of fun. Cosplay, which was a big part of the convention, gave fans an opportunity to dress up, and take part in contests and photo shoots. Comic book and anime fans enjoyed events such as, “The History of Anime,” “Anime You Should Watch,” “DC Comic Book Legends,” and a “Fantastic Four (1994) Film Screening.” There were celebrities from a variety of TV shows, movies, and even wrestling to take pictures with, and get autographs from. And for horror fans like you, and me, there was plenty to do, as I take you through my 3 day journey of the Florida SuperCon convention.   When I walked in on the first day, I couldn’t help but notice the instant party atmosphere. Arriving later in the day, I could tell fun had already overtaken the convention. I didn’t waste too much time making my way to my first event, which was “Filmmaker Workshop with Herschell Gordon ...

TOP 5 BEST AND WORST HORROR MOVIES OF 2010

  2010 started off well with some descent movies such as, Daybreakers, Legion, and The Wolfman. A few months in came probably the most anticipated, and talked about movie of the year: the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street. Some of the talk was positive, but more of it seemed negative. Speaking of greatly talked about movies, I can’t forget to mention the DVD release of The Human Centipede. The summer kicked off with Splice, and ended with The Last Exorcism. October should have been a time to celebrate with horror movies, but the box office was pretty weak for movies such as, My Soul to Take 3D, Let Me In, and Hatchet 2. On the other hand, it ended well with Saw 3D, and Paranormal Activity 2.   What does all of this mean? It is about that time of year to wrap up the 2010 horror movie season, and move on to 2011. With that said, here is my list of favorite, and least favorite horror movies of 2010. As with my list from last year, this list includes only the movies I saw...

AZRAEL REVIEW

  In a world where no one speaks, a devout female-led community hunts down a young woman who has escaped imprisonment. Recaptured, Azrael is due to be sacrificed to an ancient evil in the wilderness, but fights for her own survival. Starring: Vic Carmen Sonne, Samara Weaving, and Nathan Stewart-Jarrett Directed by: E.L. Katz Written by: Simon Barrett Check out the video below and find out how many pools of blood it received…